Advanced Medical Surgical Unit (AMSU)
Our 36-bed Advanced Medical Surgical Unit (AMSU) provides care to a variety of patient needs. The unit includes a 16-bed telemetry area with monitoring capability for cardiac issues and negative air pressure rooms.
Daily multidisciplinary rounding by our onsite specialty physicians provides high-quality care for our patients. Readily available nurses serve as patient advocates who are committed to achieving the best-possible outcome for each patient.
Our care team is dedicated to the belief that all individuals have many rights, including:
- to be treated with dignity;
- to self-determination;
- to have accessible, high-quality care;
- to have their privacy respected;
- to have understandable information about choices available and consequences of action or inaction;
- to have nursing care provided in a nonjudgmental, nondiscriminatory, sensitive, and culturally competent manner.
- to establish and maintain control over all aspects of their lives; and
- the responsibility to make informed decisions about their future.
A partnership based on mutual respect is the foundation of the relationship between the medical-surgical team and our patients. A family and patient advocate, social-service team member, case manager, and physical therapists are onsite and available to clarify and ease each patient’s path to wellness.